A study to transform an existing two-story building in the heart of the Brewery District into a mixed use multifamily building complete with retail, apartments, townhouses, and underground parking.
The studio was hired to study the existing (built in 1927) 14,000 square foot building at High and Blenker. The design team evaluated the transformation capabilities to create a mixed-use building. A no longer functional two-story existing building would be demolished and a nearby parking lot would become the site for the new building addition infill. The proposed design concept includes retail and restaurant components at street level, a combination of apartment flats and town house style units, underground parking, and residential amenity spaces that flow onto the elevated outdoor space to capture views of the city’s skyline. This study illustrates how the new build can merge with existing while keeping the scale and size propitiate to the surrounding urban context.